Our Paint Correction Detail includes 3-5 stages of machine polishing and is designed to safely and permanently remove heavy swirl marks, light to medium scratches, and other noticeable imperfections. This detail goes above and beyond to ensure that your vehicle leaves Detail Your Eyecandy looking better than the day it left the showroom, boasting that much craved illustrious wet look finish.
The process begins with the same cleansing and decontamination procedures as with every detail that we offer. The paintwork then undergoes the paint correction process through cutting and refining. Prior to this being carried out the paintwork is thoroughly inspected using an electronic paint depth gauge to assess its condition.
The cutting stages will then commence. Here we use a coarse polishing compound combined with a slightly abrasive polishing pad to safely remove any defects. We will work on a small area of paint at a time, examining it after each polishing phase to make sure we are safely removing as many defects as possible. These stages are then followed by a secondary polishing phase known as refining. The refining stages restore and increase the gloss and the clarity of the paintwork to a level which has to be seen to be believed.
Due to the differences in paint types, condition, and size of vehicles, the rate for multi stage paint correction varies slightly, however we will consult with each vehicle owner to provide a more precise pricing structure. The paint type and condition will also dictate the level of correction, but typically this process on most vehicles will remove 90 to 99% of all paintwork defects.
The type of protection applied will be discussed with you prior to the detail, ensuring that the product selected best suits your requirements. Swissvax Shield Wax is included as standard but you may wish to upgrade to another type of protection that is more durable such as a ceramic coating. Please see list at the bottom of the page.
- pH neutral snow foam pre-wash applied to vehicle, removing surface grime and dirt prior to wash process
- Alloy wheels decontaminated and cleaned with pH neutral wheel cleaner and soft brushes
- Wheel arches, all door shuts and engine bay (optional) cleaned with citrus based degreaser
- Multi stage, 2 bucket wash using luxury pH neutral shampoo and lamb's wool wash mitts
- Vehicle rinsed and then fully hand dried using ultra soft microfibre drying towels
- Paintwork decontaminated using a clay bar, fully removing all embedded contaminants such as industrial fallout, brake dust and tar as well as leaving a perfectly smooth feel to the paintwork
- Paint depth measured using electronic paint thickness gauge to ensure there is an adequate level of lacquer/paint to work with
- 3-5 stage machine polishing process carried out, using a combination of coarse and fine finishing polishes to remove heavy swirl marks and light to medium scratches producing an oustanding level of gloss to the paintwork
- Vehicle wiped down with ultra soft microfibre drying towels ensuring all residue is removed after the correction/refinement process
- Paintwork cleansed with pre-wax treatment to aid bonding of wax
- Swissvax Shield Wax applied to all painted surfaces
- All chrome and stainless steel cleaned and polished
- Heat resistant PTFE wax applied to alloy wheels
- Tyres cleaned, conditioned and protected
- Rubbers and exterior plastics treated and protected
- Water repellent treatment to all exterior windows
- Interior vacuumed and surfaces wiped down to remove dust
- Paintwork wiped down and final vehicle inspection carried out